Tuesday, February 21, 2012

McDonald's with my family

This is the McDonalds my Grandpa Gil managed. Updated, expanded, but still a memorable stop.

This is just one of the pics. I have so many more to share. We visited the other McDonald's he managed, from my understanding he was one of the first that managed 2 McDonald's.  I also understand that he managed like a Marine. And called out orders in Marine fashion his employees snapped to!

We left the McDonald's and visited the second location. It is now a Mexican restaurant.  Next we ventured out to find the house they lived in.

My Aunt Harriet (HAP) lived with Grandpa Gil for a while, so we made a stop at her High School. The next stop was one, not for Grandpa Gil, but for the Pye Girls. You see we are beach babies. I have mentioned before that I am most at peace at the ocean. My spirit is at peace there always. Saturday was no exception.

When we got back in the car, I asked my Sisser to hand me my purse from the back seat. She said it wasn't there.

I was so excited and in the moment I left my purse in our booth at McDonald's. Hours before. My cousin's wife, my angel Linda, called them to see if anyone had turned in a Coach purse...  Believe it or not someone had. Surely it would be emptied of the cash in the wallet, have a credit card missing, my ID stolen..  Or my whole Coach wallet...  For those of you who may not understand the Coach connotation even on sale purses are over $100 and wallets almost as much. Usually frugal with purses I JUST bought this one in October when my Sisser got married.

Donnie rushed us back across town and would you believe that they indeed had my purse, gasp, could it be? I am shaking as I sit it down, the wallet is there, IDs are there. Credit cards are there. I get back in he car and count the cash - $180.

 Thank you Grandpa Gil for taking care of your Granddaughter.  And to whoever turned it in. Thank

0 comments:

Why -Bucket List Living NOW?

This is the short answer -

Several years ago my sister and I went sky diving. A day later I visited my FIL who was fighting cancer at the time and I told him what I had just done, his reply - "I always wanted to do that and now I never will get to." Why do we wait until the end of our lives to start living our dreams? And doing the things we want to do? I'm done waiting on something else to happen before I choose ME - I'm bucket list living NOW!



Please join my adventure! If you wait, you WON'T!







Labels

20 year reunion 3.14 50 states 80's A1A Adele adoption Andrew McCarthy Andrew Thorp anniversary Ark. Arkansas Arkansas Travelers Arvil Lavigne Astoria Aunt HAP Back to school Bahamas balance Baseball beach Beyonce Big Lots Birthday Bon Jovi Boston bridesmaid Broadway Show Bruce Springsteen Bucket List Bucket List Living NOW Bumble Bee Camaro Carpe Diem Castle Gap Jewelry Chad Kroeger Cheesecake Factory Chicago Christian Coach college Comedy COMPLETED Coney Island Dad David Letterman David Tutera Dean Def Leopard Deliverance Doctor Pepper (different from Dr. Pepper) Don Don't you forget about me double decker bus tour Dr. Pepper dreams Drew Barrymore drive-in movie Duncan Donuts Ellie Mae European Vacation Family FAO Schwartz FINALLY Friday Florida Keys fur babies Garth Brooks GOOD BOOK Goonies Graduation Grammys Grandpa Gil Granny A Granpa Billy Granpa in a box Grease 2 Groupons Hamburger U Hope Floats Hot air balloon ride I was Here if you wait you WON'T inspiration Italy Jason Aldean Jimmy Charles Dancer Jimmy Choo John Cusack John Hughes Julia Roberts Justin Moore Kenny Chesney Kevin Lady Antebellum Lamborghini Larry the Cable Guy Limo ride LL Cool J Looney Bin Luke Madison maps Marilyn McCoo Martha Mary mayans Monticello Multiple Myeloma Music Monday Nanny NASCAR Nate Berkus New Years New York City Nickleback North Carolina Notebook open mic Patrick Swayze Paul McCartney Pi Pi Day Play ball Point Break Poyen Prayer Preacher's wife Pretty Woman Prom Pye family Rascal Flatts reel-to-reel Rhianna Road Trip Robin Williams Rockettes Rooster S.S. Saturday Saks Fifth Avenue Say Anything Secon Second City Serendipity Simply Sunday Sisser skiing Skydiving Softball Solid Gold solid gold Dancer Susan Tiff's Treats Tiffany's travel Traveling Thursday trip planning Tune-in Tuesday unanswered prayers United States Marine Corp Valentine's Viral WannaBee wedding What's Up Wednesday Whitney Houston
Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.